"Personal Information" means information that would allow a third party to learn Your identity or contact You, including, for example, Your full name, address, telephone number, or email address.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- We do not sell or rent Your Personal Information to third parties for the purposes of marketing the products or services provided by those third parties to You. We use other third parties to provide web analytics on our Website. When You sign up for RegionUP, we will share aggregate click data as necessary for the third party to provide that service. Although we may disclose aggregated information about the use of our Website, that information does not contain Personal Information. We may share Personal Information with our contractors and service providers solely for the purpose of maintaining, enhancing, or adding to the functionality of the Website. In the case of criminal investigations, including but not limited to fraud or alleged illegal activity, we may share Your Personal Information with law enforcement, government, and/or credit card issuing banks.
As RegionUP continues to develop its business, RegionUP might sell or buy lines of business or assets. If all or substantially all of RegionUP's business (or a line of business) or assets (or the assets of a line of RegionUP's business) are acquired by a third party, Personal Information of RegionUP users will generally be one of the transferred business assets. We reserve the right to include Your collected Personal Information and other information we collect as described herein as an asset in any such transfer to a third party.
- Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
- Our basic registration forms require Users to provide contact information, including full name, email address, and career-related information. We use this information to contact You about the services on our Website in which You have expressed interest. Should You choose to purchase services, Your credit card information will be stored by our third party payment processor. We use Your credit card information for billing purposes only. If we have trouble processing Your order, we will use Your contact information to contact You.
Sensitive information such as credit card information will be kept completely private by our third party payment processor.
Resumes: By registering on this website and providing us with your personal contact details and resume, You expressly consent to the collection and use of this personal information in accordance with this policy.
When your profile is activated for search, your resume is viewable by recruiters. A recruiter, whether a direct hiring company or 3rd party recruiter may obtain your contact details provided during your registration by clicking on your profile and downloading your contact number. By activating your profile and making it searchable, you hereby consent to provide your contact details to recruiters using the Website.
We do our best to ensure that the ability to contact individuals in the resume database is restricted to bona-fide clients such as recruiters, hiring managers, and HR professionals. However, we are not responsible if some other third party posing as a bona-fide recruiter becomes a client, gains access to the resume database and subsequently contacts you. You may remove your resume(s) from our database at any time. However you should note that current or former clients of RegionUP may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use or privacy of this resume in these circumstances.
Should you not want to be contacted by potential employers or 3rd party recruiters, you may adjust your privacy settings here.
Should You post a resume, the amount of information You choose to keep confidential is entirely up to Your discretion. You may enter as much or as little information as You choose. All information posted will only be visible to recruiters and companies seeking employees. All recruiters are believed by RegionUP to be legitimately seeking applicants for available positions.
In Your use of the Website, we also store such information as jobs You've applied to, jobs You've viewed, Your resume, and similar information. We track clickstream data to monitor utilization and to improve customer experience. We also use Personal Information to provide You with targeted job information. If You would rather not receive such information, please send an email message to stating so.
We use other third parties to provide credit card processing services on our Website. When You sign up for Premium membership, we will process Your full payment information including credit cards through a third party payment processor and they may collect some information (e.g., credit card numbers, name) as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using Your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. RegionUP shall not be responsible for any damage, loss or harm to You resulting from Your use of that third party's service.
We post customer reviews on our Website, which may contain Personal Information such as the customer's name. We obtain the customer's consent prior to posting the review to post their name along with their review.
If Your Personal Information changes, or if You wish to cancel Your account, You may correct, update, or deactivate it by making the change on our member information page.
We will retain and use Your information as set forth herein and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- If You wish to subscribe to our email communications, we will use Your name and email address to send the newsletter to You. We provide You with a way to unsubscribe. Please see the Subscription section.
- When You register for our Website, we use Your email address to send You internal communications from RegionUP. If You've registered to receive email communications from us and later change Your mind, You may opt-out of any of our communications by changing Your Account Settings.
- Internet Protocol Address
- Like most websites, we collect Internet Protocol ("IP") address from all visitors to the Website. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to Your computer when You use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Website, analyze trends, track users' movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the Website, and deliver customized, personalized content.
- Tell-A-Friend Testimonials
- If You choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Website, we will ask You for Your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send Your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Website. RegionUP stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email, tracking the success of our referral program, and following up with additional information if the friend has opted-in.
- Testimonials / Success Stories
- RegionUP will ask Your permission to post Your testimonial or success story. If You agree to post Your material on this Website, You should be aware that any personally identifiable information You submit can be read, collected, or used by other users of this site and could be used to send You unsolicited messages. RegionUP will not be responsible for the personally identifiable information You may choose to submit in these testimonials / success stories.
- Use of "Cookies"
Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers' personally identifiable information. This information is used by RegionUP for internal use only and is not sold or rented to third parties for purposes of marketing the products or services provided by those third parties.
- RegionUP has implemented and follows industry standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect Your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such Personal Information.
- Other Websites
- Our Website contains links to other websites. Please note that when You click on one of these links, You are entering another website over which RegionUP has no control and will bear no responsibility. Often these websites require You to enter Your Personal Information as You apply for a job directly with the hiring company. We encourage You to read the privacy statements on all such websites as their policies may differ from ours.
- Legal Disclaimer
- We may disclose Your Personal Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the law or comply with legal process served on RegionUP.
As such, we cannot ensure that Your Personal Information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be legally obligated to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
- Changes to this Statement
RegionUP encourages You to review this Private Policy periodically to be informed of how RegionUP is protecting Your Personal Information.
- Contact Information
Last updated: November 27, 2013